Tuesday 26 February 2013

topshop makeup - first impressions


I received some Topshop vouchers for Christmas, and have just used up the last of them on these two products. I'm a bit late to the parade here, but I've wanted to try a Topshop cream blush for a long time (even more so after trying Illamasqua's crush!), and also wanted to buy another Topshop lipstick after I lost my beloved Hazard. 
I think that these products are very pretty and a very reasonable price at £6 for a cream blush and £8 for a lipstick. 
I purchased the Topshop blusher in the colour 'Flush' (what is it with me and buying blush that rhymes with blush? Crush, flush.. What is that about??). I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS BLUSHER. It is the perfect inbetweeny-peachy-rosy shade, as you can see in the swatch below. It looks so so natural and applies so easily. It makes me look so healthy and 'alive'. The only downside is that this needs to be blended really really lightly, as it does have a tendency to move foundation around. I find this applied best with fingers.

Left: Flush blended, Right: two circular swipes.

I also purchased a lipstick in the shade 'All About Me' which is a very bright, neon fuschia shade. I have been CRAVING the colour pink recently and this satisfied my cravings wonderfully. It is SO PINK. I think it would look gorgeous with a simple black cat-eye and UD's 'Kinky'. 

'All About Me' applied straight from the bullet on top of E45 lip balm.

I find I have to wear this lipstick on top of a balm as the formula is very very drying due to it's matt texture. It lasts all day, however, even with a lip balm and doesn't feather or bleed which is always a plus.
The Topshop packaging is beautiful but I can see it becoming really grubby and gross in my makeup bag!

Have you tried the Topshop Makeup range yet? Do you love it or hate it?

No comments:

Post a Comment