Friday 11 January 2013

illamasqua cream blush review & going out look


I was stocking up on my HG foundation (Illamasqua 'Skin Base'!) in Leeds the other week, when the store assistant there showed me their sale items which were reduced from full price down to £5. This is of course an EXCELLENT deal for  higher-end brand. The item I chose to purchase was this cream blush, as I've never tried one from Illamasqua before, despite lusting after Zygomatic and the cream pigment 'Androgen'.
This blush is described online as a "deep raspberry red" with a dewy finish. As you can see from the photographs this is an apt description. Crush is a very deep, very rich berry red with high pigmentation. 


On the skin it comes out as a very deep colour, similar to red wine, on first application. When blended out however it adds a lovely blue-toned pink flush to the skin, like a doll! The blusher is very creamy and easily blendable when applied with both fingers or a brush. Be careful with how much you apply if you are pale, however, on my first time trying with this I accidentally put far more than I needed on and ended up looking like I'd just ran a marathon - bright red face all over the place.

I personally preferred to apply with a MAC130 brush after applying bronzer. I applied in a circular motion and buffed it into my skin after applying my foundation, powder, and bronzer (to contour).
Please excuse my horrific brows! They look like two huge furry slugs on my forehead!

I applied the blusher with a very light hand but it still came across very bright on my pale skin. Crush leans very blue on my skin and I'm not sure the colour really suits me. I do however love the formula and consistency of the blush and think my next Illamasqua purchase may be their cream blush in dixie, or the cream pigment 'Androgen', which as I mentioned before, I am dying to get my sticky little hands on!!
I think on a darker olive skin tone this would add a healthy glow, and would look particularly stunning on very dark skin tones.



For reference, I am wearing: Illamasqua Skin Base foundation in 02, £27; NYC 'Smooth Skin' loose powder in translucent, £2.99, Sleek's brow palette in Dark, £8.49, Bourjois Delice de Poudre bronzer in shade 2, £6.99, Soap & Glory 'Supercat' felt-tip eyeliner, £6, MAC Studio Finish concealer  in NW15, £14.50, under my eyes and in other necessary places, Rimmel gel eyeliner in Black £6.49, UD 'Kinky' eyeshadow from the smoked palette, £35, all over the lid, UD 'Muse' and 'Desperation' eyeshadow from the Vice Palette, £42, in the crease and outer corner, and UD 'Primer Potion', £14.50, Rimmel 'Lash Accelerator' mascara, £7.99, Gosh 'Velvet Touch' classic foundation primer £13.99, miscellaneous highlighter (unsure about the brand!), UD 24/7 kohl eyeliner in Perversion, £13, in my upper waterline, and Gosh velvet lipstick in 134 Darling, £6.49.

Have you tried any of the Illamasqua cream blushers? What did you think? Do you like 'crush'?

No comments:

Post a Comment